Williamson, Ian P.; RAJABIFARD, ABBAS; BINNS, ANDREW
This paper aims to introduce and discuss six challenges and issues facing the development of SDIs which will be able to meet the sustainable development objectives of society. These issues and challenges include:
- SDI to facilitate spatially enabled government
- Role of government, private and academic sectors
- Development of SDI vision, mission and road map – where are we heading?
- SDI to facilitate integration of natural and built environment datasets
- SDI to support marine administration
- Seamless SDI model
- Capacity building
Current research within the Centre for SDIs and Land Administration in the Department of Geomatics, University of Melbourne in the context of these meeting these challenges and issues is also discussed.